Monday, July 04, 2011

Serious Shoppers..

Bought this handbag in Nov'09. It's part of the Miss Vara Bow Collection of Hobo bags. It's made of calf leather in a unique metallic-gold color. I've always prefer understated designs with no conspicuous logos... and usually, only a regular shopper familar with that particular brand would be able to recognize the brand design.
This evening, on my way home on the train, 2 guys and a gal were standing beside me. They looked like they just started working in the retail industry as they were chatting about their uniforms (suits), and that they need to work at least 1 yr before they qualify to be given 2 sets of uniforms. Figured that they must be working for some branded boutique but kaypoh me couldn't figure out which brand...
... until about 15mins into their idle chat, one of the guys caught sight of my bag and exclaimed excitedly "Hey, that's a Ferragamo bag"... and all 4 of us gazed at my bag... and he sheepishly grinned at me when he realized that he was speaking too loudly to his frens. :P His fren asked is it because he saw the signature "vara bow" on the bag... but the guy answered flatly "Nope". He recognized it instantly because of the color - a metallic gold color that's patented by Ferragamo. His 2 frens were impressed how he knows his stuff very well. Well, so was I !!! VERY IMPRESSED Indeed!!=)

No comments: